KetoCal® Cheesy Tomato Tart (MAD)
Author: Nutricia KetoCal
This recipe is for patients following a modified Atkins diet (MAD). MAD should only be done under medical supervision. Always consult with your health care professional to ensure a recipe is appropriate for your prescribed diet.
Household measurements are based on the USDA values for grams in household measurements. All nutritional values are calculated in ketocalculator using the household measurement’s corresponding gram weight.
16.5g (3 Tbsp.) Ketocal 3:1 powder
4.7g (1 tsp) butter
7.1g (1 tbsp.) shredded cheddar cheese
9.3g (1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp) coconut flour
30.4g (2 tbsp.) eggs, raw, mixed well
8g (1 tbsp. plus 1 tsp) spring onions or scallions, tops and bulbs, chopped
11.3g (1 tsp) raw tomato, chopped
5ml (1 tsp) Water
1.3g (½ tsp) wheat flour
Nutrition Information (for entire recipe):
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F
- Place coconut flour, Ketocal and butter in a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips.
- Sprinkle water over the top – mix until it becomes a stiff crumbly pastry. Roll into a ball.
- Line the tartlet tin by pressing the pastry into it
- Mix the chopped tomato, chopped onion, beaten eggs and ½ the cheese together and fill the tartlet tin
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top
- Cook at 325 °F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
KetoCal 3:1 PowderModified Atkins Dietsavorybreakfastlunchdinner