KetoCal® Cheese and Ham Tart (MAD)
Author: Nutricia KetoCal
This recipe is for patients following a modified Atkins diet (MAD). MAD should only be done under medical supervision. Always consult with your health care professional to ensure a recipe is appropriate for your prescribed diet.
Household measurements are based on the USDA values for grams in household measurements. All nutritional values are calculated in ketocalculator using the household measurement’s corresponding gram weight.
16.5g (3 Tbsp.) Ketocal 3:1 powder
4.7g (1 tsp) butter
4.7g (2 tsp) shredded cheddar cheese
9.3g (1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp) Coconut flour
6g (1 ½ tsp) finely chopped ham
4.4g (1 tbsp.) mushrooms, white, raw, slices or pieces
5ml (1 tsp) water
25.9g (1 tbsp. plus 2 tsp) eggs, raw, mixed well
1.3g (½ tsp) wheat flour
Nutrition Information (for entire recipe):
- Preheat the oven to 325 °F
- Place the wholemeal flour, coconut flour and Ketocal in a bowl. Rub in the butter with your fingertips.
- Sprinkle water over the top – mix until it becomes a stiff crumbly pastry. Roll into a ball.
- Line the tartlet tin by pressing the pastry into it
- Mix the chopped ham, chopped mushrooms, beaten eggs and ½ the cheese together and fill the tartlet tin
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top
- Cook at 325 °F for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown
1.4:1 Tags: KetoCal 3:1 PowderModified Atkins Dietsavorybreakfastlunchdinner