KetoCal® 4:1 Bacon & Cheese Muffins (4:1)
Author: Nutricia KetoCal
This recipe is for patients following a 4:1 ketogenic diet. The ketogenic diet should only be used under close medical supervision. Always check with your health care professional to ensure that a recipe is appropriate.
*Makes about 2 medium or 1 largemuffin
g Formula: KetoCal 4:1 powder - Nutricia
g Almond Flour (whole ground blanched almonds)
g Coconut, dried, shredded - unsweetened
g Cheese, Kraft Cheddar (mild,medium,sharp)
g Bacon, Canadian - Oscar Mayer
g Egg (raw, mixed well)
g Onions, spring or scallions (tops and bulb) - raw
g Baking Powder - Calumet (Kraft)
Nutrition Information (for entire recipe):
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Chop the bacon and spring onions.
- Beat the eggs.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl
- If possible, use a silicone muffin tray or silicone baking cups, as this helps the muffins stay together and makes them easier to remove
- Cook at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until golden
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow to cool
(Note! If the muffin is bubbling around the sides, this is fine. The liquid will be absorbed back into the muffin, once cooled)
- All muffins can be frozen
- To batch, multiply the mixture by how many muffins you want to make and then divide into equal amounts in the muffin tray.
KetoCal 4:1 Powder4:1 ratiomuffinsbreakfastsavory