These chocolate cupcakes with chocolate frosting are a kid-favorite and perfect for birthdays and other special occasions. The cupcakes can be made using either KetoCal 3:1 Powder or KetoCal 4:1 Powder, depending on which product you have at home. The recipe you are viewing uses KetoCal 4:1 Powder. To view the recipe version that uses KetoCal 3:1 Powder Instead, see "KetoCal Chocolate Cupcakes with Frosting (using KetoCal 3:1 Powder)".
2 g Splenda*, No Calorie Sweetener, Granular
8 g Coconut Flour
1 g Baking Powder
3 g Cocoa powder (unsweetened)
11 g KetoCal 4:1 powder
18 g Egg (raw, mixed well)
16 g Vegetable oil (i.e. Soybean, Sunflower, Safflower, Canola)
20 g Cream, 36%
- Weigh all ingredients.
- Preheat oven to 325º F
- Mix powdered ingredients together in a small bowl working out any lumps with the back of a spoon.
- Mix together all remaining ingredients with a whisk.
- Whisk above mixture into the dry ingredients.
- Pour batter into 2 silicone cupcake liners
- Bake at 325º F for 15 minutes. Do not allow to brown.
- Allow cupcakes to cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently remove from cupcake liners
40 g Cream, 36%
3 g Fat Free Sugar Free Instant Chocolate Flavored Pudding powder
- Stir pudding powder into cream. Mixture will look grainy.
- Refrigerate mixture for at least 5 minutes to thicken.
- When ready to frost cakes, stir the frosting again to completely dissolve the pudding.